You don’t have to be a professional volleyball player to enjoy this game on the beach.
Anyone can play this fun sport which helps to:-
- build lean muscle
- boost resting metabolism
- improve athletic performance
- tighten every single muscle in your body.
Below you will find out the main health benefits, what to wear, and tips for playing this sport on the beach.
What are the Benefits of Beach Volleyball?
Beach volleyball is a really fabulous way to take advantage of the beautiful beaches around the world and get a serious workout all at the same time!
Because of the effort, moving through the sand beach volleyball really is a great calorie burner too.
Volleyball helps to tone up your:-
- lower back
but in a low impact fashion. This game can also tone up your upper body including pecs, shoulders, arms and upper back.
What to Wear?
The traditional wear for volleyball on the beach is as little as possible, with lots of sunscreen.
Beach volleyball players need to dress for comfort and ease of movement.
Playing in bare feet is also a fantastic way to work the muscles in your feet that are normally stuffed into shoes every single day. It’s kind of like a pedicure and a reflexology treatment in one. If the sand is hot, then slip on some socks to save your soles.
Volleyball Really does Burn those Calories
Playing this type of sport alters the body fat percentage and the muscle ratio of the entire body in a very real way.
Indeed, forty-five minutes of volleyball burns up to 585 calories, resulting in a great workout.
Good, moderate exercise like this also decreases the dangers of hypertension, heart diseases and diabetes.
Benefits of Physical Activity
All physical activity, such as beach volleyball, will strengthen the upper body, arms, and shoulders. In addition, the muscles of the thighs and lower legs etc. will also benefit.
Playing volleyball strengthens the cardiovascular and respiratory systems, too. Physical exercise, such as this results in more blood, oxygen and nutrients circulating through the whole body.
Thus the body is able to function better and, in turn, this will improve your overall well being and health.
Other Health Benefits
Some other advantages of playing beach volleyball are the positive effects on the metabolic rate.
It improves your energy level which enhances your overall achievement.
This kind of sport also develops greater hand-eye coordination and strengthens and establishes fast reflexes.
Top Tips for Playing Beach Volleyball
- Familiarize yourself with the soft sand. Go for sprints, long-endurance runs or jump in the sand.
- Use stairs to increase your all-round fitness for the game. Run up them and next, jump or hop up them
- Communication is the key. Talk to your teammates and learn to shout out for the ball. It’s the first thing beginners need to master.
- The higher your level, the more physically demanding the game becomes. So, prepare your body with strength work in the gym and agility training
- Add some flexibility work too such as Pilates or yoga.
The History of Beach Volleyball
So, the game of volleyball became popular in the late 1800s. The beach-lovers saw an opportunity to spend even more time on the sand and tone up at the same time.
Beach volleyball became extremely well-known in the early 1920s in California and, by the 1930s, had spread to virtually every European town with a sandy beach.
In 1993, it became an official Olympic sport, admired by professionals and beginners all around the world.
- Running for Weight Loss
- Lose Weight in a Week WITHOUT dieting
- Weight Loss Tips: 5 of the Best
- Bicycle Riding: Benefits and Weight Loss
- Index of ALL our Articles on Weight Loss
- ALL our Reviews on Weight Loss Diets: The Worse and the Best
- What is your BMI?
Return to Homepage