The bad news is that genetically, we all have different sized faces. If your face is on the roundish side and you have chubby cheeks and the rest of your body is within a normal weight range, there are still a few tricks you can do but unfortunately, you may have to work with what God gave you.
If you are overweight and despair of your facial fat, or double chin, although you cannot choose one pinpoint area to lose weight from, this post will give you some top tips on how to lose face fat fast.
Also we will be looking at proven ways and clever tricks to make your face appear slimmer.
1. Count those Calories
Based on your Body Mass Index (BMI) and physical activity level, work out how many calories you need per day and create around a 500 calorie deficit.
According to the National Health Service (NHS) an average male needs around 2,500 and an average female around 2,000. Check the nutritional information on product labels or calorie charts that you can find online.
Keeping a food diary and listing what you eat each day, can help you keep track of your daily calorie intake.
2. Reduce your Sodium Intake
Having a diet that is too rich in salt can cause water retention as your body attempts to dilute the excess sodium. Water retention can lead to a puffy face.
The American Heart Association recommends eating less than 1,500 mg of sodium per day. So, below we will be making it a bit easier for you to lose that bloated face with a list of high-sodium unhealthy foods to avoid.
In the meantime, check the salt content of all your prepackaged foods and start a healthy diet by eating as many fresh products as possible and do NOT add extra salt to your meals.
High-Sodium Foods to avoid for a leaner face
- Meats, fish and chicken: such as bacon, ham, burgers, sausages that have been smoked, salted, canned or cured.
- Chips, pretzels and crackers.
- Ready made marinades and dressings for salads and Ketchup also contain high salt levels.
- Some breakfast cereals.
- Cookies, cakes and Pastries.
- Processed Foods: Basically any foods that come in a can or package including ready-made meals,
3. Drink Plenty of Water
Drinking plenty of water helps with general weight loss. However, drinking around 8 large glasses of water daily will also help reduce a bloated face and double chin too.
When the cells of the entire body are not hydrated, signals are sent to the brain which are interpreted as ‘eat high energy food’. The brain can misinterpret signs of thirst with signs of hunger so keeping your body well hydrated, not only helps you feel fuller, but stops those pesky food cravings.
Furthermore, your skin will appear firmer and healthier as toxins are flushed from the body.
4. Cut out Sugar from your diet
What happens when you eat too much sugar? Well, when sugar levels increase in your bloodstream, insulin is released and stores the excess sugar in fat cell for energy and retains it in your body fat (including your facial fat).
Swinging blood sugar levels lead to hunger and cravings and could make you more at risk of developing diabetes.
The key to a slimmer face is to cut out all junk food and high sugar snacks. Be aware of soft drinks too, including sodas, that are really high in sugar content.
5. Exercise regularly
If you are looking to slim down your chubby face, then you need to look at working out your whole body.
Overall weight loss will lead to losing excess fat off the neck, chin and facial area. It doesn’t really matter which type of exercise you choose whether it be aerobic exercise, cardiovascular exercise or a little strength training just get up, get out and get moving.
The recommended weekly dose of exercise by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, is at least 150 minutes of moderate exercise or 75 minutes of vigorous exercise.
Exercise, when taken in conjunction with a balanced diet can improve blood circulation, improve the proportion of muscle mass and help you lose that fat.
7. Start Exercising your facial muscle
Researching and doing regular face and neck exercises may help you to shed the double chin or lose some cheek fat.
You can do these exercises daily or every other day, if you prefer. You should apply moisturizer to your face before you begin to help keep your skin supple as you massage and workout your face.
The medical jury is out on whether face aerobics or facial yoga work for weight loss, but it can’t do any harm and it is fun – just make sure that you are alone.
Here’s an example of one you can do:-
- Look up to the ceiling, noticing the stretch in your neck.
- Open and close your mouth slowly
- Repeat this action, as if you were chewing something, like a piece of gum for instance.
- You should feel your jaw and neck muscles working as you do this face exercise.
Recent related weight loss Posts
- Full Index of ALL our Weight Loss Posts
- Index of Diet for Diseases Articles
- How to lose belly fat: If you are overweight and have a fat face, chances are that you are carrying extra abdominal fat too. Follow Moose and Doc’s top ten tips to lose belly fat FAST without resorting to an extreme belly diet.
- Healthy Habits: How to Live Longer and Lose Weight
- Coconut oil for weight loss: Discover the science behind the theory. All the facts about this lovely white oil.
- 5 of the best Weight Loss Tips
- Not losing weight? If you have reached a weight loss plateau then find out the 7 most common diet mistakes.
Recent Diet Posts
- Full Index of ALL our Diet Posts
- The Atkins Diet (Again): Find out all the research behind the daddy of the low-carb diet. Popular for years, but does it work?
- The 3 day Military Diet: Crazy fast weight loss plan. Check it out here first.
- The Dash Diet: This one is a well-balanced, medically approved healthy eating plan that also has great weight loss results too.
- 16:8 Fasting Plan: NEW and backed by the latest research – NO calorie counting and NO food restrictions but STILL weight loss