Total fat – less than 10g per 100g
Saturated fat – less than 3g per 100g
Sugars – less than 15g per 100g
Sodium (salt) – moderate = less than 400mg per 100g – low = less than 120mg per 100g
Recent Weight Loss Posts
- Easy Ways to Fast Weight Loss: Weight-loss plateau? Find out how your calorie intake could be the problem. How many calorie a day do you need? All about alcohol and much more.
- Weight Watchers: Everything you need to know to become a modern day weight watcher and lose fat fast. Highly acclaimed weight-loss program that includes increasing your muscle mass with a healthy exercise program.
- Green Tea Weight Loss: Fact or Fiction? Everything you need to know about green tea and weight loss and other amazing health benefits.
- How to lose belly fat FAST: Research-based tips to the best belly diet on the web.
- Bariatric surgery: If all else has failed you can find out all the science and facts behind surgery for weight loss.
- How to lose weight fast: 8 step plan for quick weight loss. Top tips on how to reduce refined carbohydrates (known to slow down your metabolic rate), eating regularly and what physical exercise is best to lose that body fat.
Recent Diet Posts
- Eating like a caveman: The Paleo diet: Find out about the ultimate hunter-gatherer diet that is a mainly plant-based diet. NO junk food here it is back to the stone age.
- The Atkins Diet (Round II): The ultimate and infamous ketogenic diet. This low-carb diet has done the rounds – some still swear by it.
- The HCG diet: THE biggest fad diet of all times. Hormone injections and a huge calorie deficit make this one expensive and questionable.
- The Military Diet: You’re almost in starvation mode with this extreme low-calorie diet. Find out what Moose and Doc think of this one before you decide to give it a go.
- Dashingly good: The Dash diet: This is a healthy weight loss plan to achieve a healthy weight. Ranked #1 diet on all levels for six years in a row. One to try!
- Andrade AM, Greene GW, Melanson KJ. (2008) Eating slowly led to decreases in energy intake within meals in healthy women.J Am Diet Assoc. 2008 Jul;108(7):1186-91 (Retrieved January 15th 2016) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18589027
- Katcher HI, Legro RS, Kunselman AR, Gillies PJ, Demers LM, Bagshaw DM, Kris-Etherton PM. (200) The effects of a whole grain-enriched hypocaloric diet on cardiovascular disease risk factors in men and women with metabolic syndrome. Am J Clin Nutr. 2008 Jan;87(1):79-90. (Retrieved December 22nd 2015) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18175740
- Kramer FM , Jeffery RW , Forster JL , Snell MK (1989) Long-term follow-up of behavioral treatment for obesity: patterns of weight regain among men and women. International Journal of Obesity [1989, 13(2):123-136] (Retrieved January 12th 2016) http://europepmc.org/abstract/MED/2663745
- Neumark-Sztainer D, Wall M, Haines J, Story M, Eisenberg ME. (2007) Why does dieting predict weight gain in adolescents? Findings from project EAT-II: a 5-year longitudinal study. J Am Diet Assoc. 2007 Mar;107(3):448-55. (Retrieved January 11th 2016) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17324664
- Pietiläinen KH, Saarni SE, Kaprio J, Rissanen A. (2012) Does dieting make you fat? A twin study. Int J Obes (Lond). 2012 Mar;36(3):456-64. (Retrieved January 11th 2016) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21829159
- Yang Q (2011) Gain weight by “going diet?” Artificial sweeteners and the neurobiology of sugar cravings. Yale J Biol Med. 2010 Jun; 83(2): 101–108. (Retrieved January 11th 2016) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892765/