Trying to perceive some shuteye when your tummy is making horrifying growling noises is not such a smart idea, on the other hand. Your sleep amount will suffer, and you will keep on feeling weary and famished in the mornings – both of what can provoke you to overdo it and totally screw up your healthy snacks-eating goal plans.
The solution is to reach for one of these low-calorie, sleep-inducing healthy snacks that won’t have you wake up feeling bloaded…
If you are in the process of losing a bunch of weight, I recommend you knowing some mess-ups you might be making along the way.
- Kinsey AW, Ormsbee1 MJ. (2015) The Health Impact of Nighttime Eating: Old and New Perspectives Nutrients. 2015 Apr; 7(4): 2648–2662. (Retrieved August 24th 2016) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4425165/
- Kong A, Beresford S, Alfano CM, Foster-Schubert KE, Neuhouser ML, Johnson DB. (2011) Associations between snacking and weight loss and nutrient intake among postmenopausal overweight-to-obese women in a dietary weight loss intervention J Am Diet Assoc. 2011 Dec; 111(12): 1898–1903. (Retrieved August 24th 2016) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3242470/
- Malik VS, Schulze MB, Hu FB. (2008) Intake of sugar-sweetened beverages and weight gain: a systematic review Am J Clin Nutr. 2006 Aug; 84(2): 274–288. (Retrieved August 24th 2016) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3210834/
- Effects of Meal Frequency on Metabolic Profiles and Substrate Partitioning in Lean Healthy Males PLoS One. 2012; 7(6): e38632. (Retrieved August 24th 2016) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3374835/
- Ohkawara K, Cornier M-A, Kohrt WM, Melanson EL. (2013) Effects of Increased Meal Frequency on Fat Oxidation and Perceived Hunger Obesity (Silver Spring). 2013 Feb; 21(2): 336–343. (Retrieved August 24th 2016) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4391809/
- Piehowski KE, Preston AG, Miller DL, Nickols-Richardson SM. (2008) A reduced-calorie dietary pattern including a daily sweet snack promotes body weight reduction and body composition improvements in premenopausal women who are overweight and obese: a pilot study. J Am Diet Assoc. 2011 Aug;111(8):1198-203.(Retrieved August 24th 2016) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21802567