Women and Your Weight. Are you wondering. What is the average weight for women? Well below is an average weight chart for women with height and weight. See how you compare.?
Before really using this weight chart to it’s fullest, you could go to the Women’s Height Chart and find your height percentile, then return to this chart and see if your weight percentile matches your height percentile.
The thick red line in the middle of this chart, shows how women’s average weight tends to increase gradually, until about age 50 to 60 years, then it goes down.
The red lines show "percentiles". The thick red line in the middle is the 50th percentile, which indicates that 50% of the population of Women have Weight heavier than the line, and 50% are lighter. Similarly, the highest red line, the 95th percentile line, indicates the Weight where 95% of the female population is lighter.
Some links: Learn about your Ideal Body Weight. Calculate your Body Mass Index (BMI) here, and compare it using a Womens Body Mass Index bmi chart. Charts for girls, average height for girls and average weight for girls are available here. These are interesting because they not only show the average weight of children with their age but also tendencies to develop obesity in adult life often begins in childhood.
Mentioning here: the NHANES III survey, conducted in America during 1988 to 1994, was the data source that I used. John Hansen and I did the analysis to obtain the chart’s data points.
Here you go. A chart of average weight of women at various ages, in pounds and kilograms.
The average female American womens weight is somewhere between 60 to 72 kilograms, depending on age.( for white females* in this table).
|Age:||20 to 29 years||30 to 39 years||40 to 49 years||50 to 59 years||60 to 69 years|
|These are the "median" (50th percentile) weights, which are very close to-, but not exactly "average".|
Created by Steven B. Halls, MD, FRCPC and John Hanson, MSc.
The Center for disease control and Prevention (CDC) is doing some number-massaging with averaging things together, to make the average a bigger number. Things like including super-obese people, or using an average age that is higher. The most recent surveys have the fattest people, but the overweight thresholds are based on the much older surveys. It makes the obesity rates appear much higher than they actually are.
I want to tell you something important. Weight gain during adult life is healthy. I’ve reviewed a few key articles in the link below. They say, by the time an adult reaches age 50 it is most healthy for their future longevity to have a body mass index of between 25 to 30, which falls into the ‘overweight’ category according to the CDC. They shouldn’t call it overweight, if it is also the most healthy weight.
Below are some common Q&A you may want to go over…
- What is the average weight for Canadian women? The average weight for women in Canada is around 145 pounds, with a 5’4″ height.
- What is the average weight a woman can squat? An appropriate squat weight varies greatly from one person to another. It depends on factors such as your body weight, gender and current fitness level. The most common weight women squat is 10 pounds in each hand or 50% of body weight.
- What is the average weight for women who are 5’6″? It all depends on your body type – the size of your body frame, for example if you are a small frame, the average weight would be between 120 and 133 lbs, medium frame would be 130 and 144 lbs, and a large frame between 140-159 lbs.
- What is the average weight for women who are 25-30 years old? A woman age 25-30 years old should weigh somewhere between 104 to 137 lbs, depending on your height.
- What is the average weight of a 16 year old female? By the age of 16, many girls have reached their adult height. 16 year old females in the 50 percentile standing 5’4 and weigh about 115 lbs as their growth curves level off.
- If you are above the ‘normal weight range’ or the average weight should you try to lose weight? Diets do not work long term but adopting a healthy eating plan and physical activity routine is sensible whatever your size. Weight is not all there is to it you need to be aware of your body composition as well. This includes your body fat percentage, how much abdominal fat you carry by measuring your waist circumference is also a good indicator if you need to lose fat.
- Why look at the ‘Average weight chart women’ rather then the body mass index (bmi)? The average weight chart shows you how you compare to others of the same age, gender and height. Whereas the Body Mass Index (BMI) calculator is a formula of your weight in kilograms (or weight in pounds) divided by your height in metres squared. Although the Halls bmi calculator does take into account other factors such as your age and gender and allows you to compare to others of the same statistics.
Other Halls.md calculators:-
Ideal weight calculator
Body fat calculator and formula
Average Weight Chart: Mens
Body Mass Index Calculator (BMI)
Average Height and weight Chart: Men
Average Height and Weight Chart: Women
Weight Loss Percentage Calculator
Other recent weight Loss Posts
Surgery for Weight Loss: Read the facts about surgical options to deal with overweight and obesity problems
Motivation for Weight Loss: If you are a lot higher than the average weight then get motivated – change your mind set first and then work on your body.
6 Reasons why weight loss is Not Working: For all you men and women out there who have struggled with your weight, here are some interesting, scientifically-based facts about what to look out for when you are doing all the right things but just not losing weight.
Easy Ways to fast weight loss: 6 Top Tips: Easy steps to incorporate into your life to set you on the path to quick weight loss without any fad diets.