Women and Weight, wondering. What is the average weight for women? Would a height weight chart help me be happier?
Before really using this weight chart to it’s fullest, you could go to the womens Height Chart and find your height percentile, then return to this chart and see if your weight percentile matches your height percentile.
The thick red line in the middle of this chart, shows how women’s average weight tends to increase gradually, until about age 50 to 60 years, then it goes down.
The red lines show "percentiles". The thick red line in the middle is the 50th percentile, which indicates that 50% of the population of Women have Weight heavier than the line, and 50% are lighter. Similarly, the highest red line, the 95th percentile line, indicates the Weight where 95% of the female population is lighter.
Some links: Learn about your Ideal Weight. Calculate your Body Mass Index here, and compare it on a Womens BMI chart. Charts for girls, average height for girls and average weight for girls are available here. These are also interesting, because they not only show the average weight of children as age changes, they also show that the tendency to develop obesity in adult life often begins in childhood.
Mentioning here: the NHANES III survey, conducted in America during 1988 to 1994, was the data source that I used. John Hansen and I did the analysis to obtain the chart’s data points.
The average female American womens weight is somewhere between 60 to 72 kilograms, depending on age.( for white females* in this table).
|Age:||20 to 29 years||30 to 39 years||40 to 49 years||50 to 59 years||60 to 69 years|
|These are the "median" (50th percentile) weights, which are very close to-, but not exactly "average".|
Created by Steven B. Halls, MD, FRCPC and John Hanson, MSc.
The CDC is doing some number-massaging with averaging things together, to make the average become a bigger number. Things like including super-obese people, or using an average age that is higher. The most recent surveys have the fattest people, but the overweight thresholds are based on the much older surveys. It makes more people count as overweight.
I want to tell you something important. Weight gain during adult life is healthy. I’ve reviewed a few key articles in the link below. They say, by the time an adult reaches age 50, it’s most healthy for their future longevity to have a body mass index of between 25 to 30, which is so-called overweight according to the CDC. They shouldn’t call it overweight, if it’s also the most healthy.
Below are some common Q&A you may want to go over…
- What is the average weight for Canadian women? The average weight for women in Canada is around 145 pounds, with a 5’4″ height.
- What is the average weight a woman can squat? An appropriate squat weight varies greatly from one person to another. It depends on factors such as your boy weight, gender, and current fitness level. The most common weight women squat is 10 pounds in each hand or 50% of body weight.
- What is the average weight for women who are 5’6″? It all depends on the size of your frame, for example if you are a small frame, the average weight would be between 120 and 133 lbs, medium frame would be 130 and 144 lbs, and larger frame 140-159 lbs.
- What is the average weight for women who are 25-30 years old? A woman age 25-30 years old should weigh somewhere between 104 to 137 lbs, depending on your height.
- What is the average weight of a 16 year old female? By the age of 16, many girls have reached their adult height. 16 year old females in the 50 percentile standing 5’4 and weigh about 115 lbs as their growth curves level off.