BMI for Girls: Average girls body mass index charts
The standard CDC charts of childrens Body Mass index (BMI) are the new recommended method to judge whether a female child is overweight, obese, normal or underweight.
Use the Body Mass Index BMI calculator to calculate BMI = (weight in kilograms) divided by (height in meters)2.
Then, look up the BMI and Age on these charts, to see if the the BMI is higher than the 85th percentile or 95th percentile lines, which the CDC defines as girls Overweight and Obese thresholds.
Any values of body mass index between the 5th and 85th percentiles, are considered to be within the Normal range for a girl child, not overweight or underweight.
Girls Body Mass Index Charts
Here is a more complete on-line version of the girls body mass index for Age chart:
You can also download the CDC’s own .pdf version of the chart, which has the best printed appearance, from CDC girls BMI chart.pdf. And perhaps you’d like to see a chart of adult Womens BMI, because a woman doesn’t stop changing at age 20.
Surf onward to:
- Return to the Body Mass Index calculator for women,
- Or to the other BMI calculator, which is more gender neutral,
- Or see the Boys BMI chart, (similar to this page),
Lets recap. If you know your height and weight, use a BMI calculator to get your BMI. Then return and look on the charts above, to see if you are above average. I know, you probably wished there was a BMI calculator right here and BMI percentiles too. But I don’t have that build. All I have is the charts.
Other Articles on Halls.md
- Index of Body Mass Index and Calculator Posts
- Full Index of Height and Weight Articles
- Index of Weight Loss Posts
- Full Index of Weight Loss Diet Articles
- Index of Diet for Disease Posts
- Full Index of Anxiety Posts
Return to Homepage