The standard Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Body Mass Index chart of boys are the new recommended method to judge if a child is overweight, obese, normal or underweight.
Then, look up the BMI and Age on these charts for boys, to see if the the BMI is higher than the 85th percentile or 95th percentile lines, which the CDC defines as Overweight boys and Obese thresholds.
Any values of body mass index between the 5th and 85th
Here is a more complete on-line version of the boy’s body mass index for Age chart:
Body Mass Index Chart for Boys (according to age)
You can also download the CDC’s own .pdf version of the chart, which has the best printed appearance, from CDC boys BMI chart.pdf. You can also look at the Mens Body Mass Index chart, which shows how BMI changes during adult ages.
Other Indexes of Articles for this site:-
- ALL of our posts on Body Mass Index and Calculators
- Index of ALL our Height and Weight Posts
- Full Index of Weight Loss Posts
- Index of ALL our articles on Diets
- Index of Diet for Disease Posts
- Full Index of our Anxiety Posts