Consulting the Women’s height and weight chart, and noticing the average height for women is gradually becoming shorter with aging.
Of course you’ve noticed that most women become shorter as they grow older? Why does the average height for women decline? How does your own height compare?
To use this chart, find your height along the right-hand side, and see what "percentile" you are.Although you probably want just the average height, and to judge how much taller or shorter you are, compared to the average, I’m going to mention why women grow shorter. It’s two major things that happen: The intervertebral disks become narrower over time, and osteoporosis causes tiny amounts of compression of the vertebral bodies. A minor thing is the narrowing of cartilage by a few millimeters in these joints: ankles, knees and hips. It all adds up.
The thick red line in the middle of the chart is the 50th percentile, which indicates that 50% of the population of Women have Height (or stature) taller than the line, and 50% are shorter. Similarly, the lowest red line, the 5th percentile line, indicates the Height where only 5% of the female population is shorter. Also, reminder that 5 feet tall is 60 inches or 152 centimeters.
For a Women’s Weight Chart, click here. To calculate your Body Mass Index, try here. For female Height charts of other race/ethnic groups, choose Hispanic, White, Black or Other. See the chart index perhaps. Charts for men’s weight and height of men are also available. Charts for girls, height of girls and weight of girls are available here. These are also interesting, because they not only show the average height of children, they also show that the tendency to develop obesity in adult life often begins in childhood.
The data source for this chart is the NHANES III survey, conducted in America during 1988 to 1994. * The "Race-Ethnicity" categories. The chart on this particular page is a Height chart for women of "White" race/ethnicity*.
How tall are the national average height of women in America?
The average female American womens height is 163 to 164 cm, which is approximately 64.2 to 64.6 inches, which is approximately 5 foot – 5 inches tall. (for white females*).
Created by Steven B. Halls, MD, FRCPC and John Hanson, MSc.
Below are some common Q&A you may want to go over…
- What is the average weight for Canadian women? The average weight for women in Canada is around 145 pounds, with a 5’4″ height.
- What is the average weight a woman can squat? An appropriate squat weight varies greatly from one person to another. It depends on factors such as your boy weight, gender, and current fitness level. The most common weight women squat is 10 pounds in each hand or 50% of body weight.
- What is the average weight for women who are 5’6″? It all depends on the size of your frame, for example if you are a small frame, the average weight would be between 120 and 133 lbs, medium frame would be 130 and 144 lbs, and larger frame 140-159 lbs.
- What is the average weight for women who are 25-30 years old? A woman age 25-30 years old should weigh somewhere between 104 to 137 lbs, depending on your height.
- What is the average weight of a 16 year old female? By the age of 16, many girls have reached their adult height. 16 year old females in the 50 percentile standing 5’4 and weigh about 115 lbs as their growth curves level off.