Examples of 25% – 49% mammographic density
Compare this page to the previous pages in the mammogram density index. Disregard the fact that some mammograms were photographed brighter than others. Look within each breast at the proportion of white and dark areas. In these examples, the darker regions occupy over 75% of the area, thus the remaining <25% are the white areas composed of fibroglandular tissue. This is the most common type of mammograms in women over 50 years of age, its normal. Isn’t it amazing how different people have mammograms that differ from each other, even though their overall density is approximately the same in these examples. These are normal.