A trimmer waist and a better health in just 10 days, without depriving yourself? That’s shocking.
Apparently, it says here that that’s the promise of this specific diet plan, The Sonoma Diet, which was titled for California’s wine country and affected by a Mediterranean plant-focused way of eating.
And apparently, other than losing weight, the sonoma diet plan will also benefit you to break your sugar addiction and advise you to satisfying cravings with healthy foods…
This sonoma diet stuff actually seems pretty amusing to me… I can’t wait to see what else I can find. Read below for further facts.
The importance is on a cornucopia of delicious, nutrient-dense “power foods,” containing almonds, bell peppers, blueberries, broccoli, grapes, olive oil, spinach, strawberries, tomatoes, as well as whole grains. As a remark for how much of each food you consume, the diet utilizes portion management via plate size – you eat off a 7 inch plate for breakfast and a 9-inch plate for lunch and dinner.
“My diet plan: Make all of my friends cupcakes; the fatter they get, the thinner I look.”
1. The first wave lasts 10 days and is designed to promote quick weight loss. It’s the most dramatic phase of the diet, when you’re encouraged to chuck all process foods and some fatty foods as well like chips, butter, and bacon. Other banned foods in this wave include items that contain natural sugars, like wine, fruit, juice, and some veggies. But the long list of allowed foods contains foods like lean beef, eggs, asparagus, soba noodles, olive oil, walnuts, and spices.
2. In the second wave, you eat the identical foods as you did in Wave 1, except you can now add some fruits and some more veggies, sugar-free treats, and up to 6 oz of wine every day. You stay with this phase until you reach your goal weight.
3. Once you’ve arrived at your ideal weight, you can jump into the third wave, which focuses on making this diet plan, the Sonoma Diet, a part of your lifestyle instead of a one-off diet fix. Professional fitness instructors and personal trainers encourage experimenting with different fruits, enjoying full-fat sweets as a rare treat, and having fun with fitness, while still limiting packaged foods and hydrogenated fats.
“I started a new diet… It’s called the ‘I have $10 till Friday’ diet.”
Yes the diet starts off hard – throwing away a bunch of food at one time can be a shock to the system. But don’t worry, the second and third waves become a lot easier, as the program turns from diet to lifestyle change.
- Level of limitations: The previous two waves are pretty understandable , but Wave 1 advises a fairly prohibitory menu low in calories.
- Cooking and shopping: If you’re adapted to stock your pantry with sugar, and trans-fat-free-foods, you’ll do great with shopping and cooking while on this specific type of diet. You can search for plenty different recipes that accommodate each wave of the program on Google or in the Sonoma Diet book.
- Packaged foods or meals: NO.
- In-person meetings: No.
- Exercise: There is no proper exercise component tied to the plan, but you are encouraged to include some daily physical activity if you wish.
- Vegetarian or vegan: If you love fruit, veggies, wine, and healthy food in general, you will do really well on this diet. Meat-free protein sources like soy and eggs are allowed, as long as they are low in saturated fat and free of extra bleeding or carbs.
- Low-fat diet: This is a really great option if you are on a low-fat diet. During the first wave, hydrogenated fats are banned; and sugars and carbs are limited throughout all waves.
- Gluten free: This diet doesn’t cater to gluten sensitivities, but it can work because emphasis is places on fruits and veggies. Read the labels of your foods to ensure they are gluten-free.
“You know it’s a successful diet when your clothes fall off without tequila.”
Did you click on any faces or find other surprises?